Hello family and friends,
December 13th over here in Tacloban City. So yesterday December 12 marked my one year of going through the temple. What a great year its been too. Well, actually yesterday, hah, i spent the day in bed dying of some sort of plague. But i am okay now, no worries. I woke up around 3 am and new i was sick. I was in the bathroom most of the night throwing up and ..more. haha. Well, it was a better sunday than most b/c we were having our district conference far away in tanauan and so none of our investigators were coming to church. So, we weren't stressed about people coming to church or teaching or anything so it was a better day than most to be ill in bed. I got a text around 8:30 from president malit asking me to sing in the general session of district conference! I had to decline, clearly, cause i was in my bed, sick. He would ask me right before the district meeting starts....makes me nervous for Christmas conference next week. :)
Basta, today is Pday and we are in tacloban for support. I still am not feeling good (about 50%) but we just keep pluggin along. The ZLs came over yesterday and gave me a nice blessing. Sister Brinton got to spend the whole day studying and I got to study a bit too adn then we had a good companionship study. I decided there is purpose in all things. Even though I was in a lot of pain and really sick, for some specific reasons i think sister brinton and i needed yesterday. Anyways, on of the things i studied was from Alma 5. A great chapter about change of heart and a true conversion. I know i've asked in my previous emails, but i really would love to get everyone's Conversion Story. So if you haven't sent that to me--mom, dad, aaron, andru, jarrett, katie, kerry, cousins, aunts, grandmas, everyone else...... that is what i want for christmas! :)
Well, while i was reading alma 5 the spirit was so strong. I love it when the spirit teaches me things and i know that these words were written for me. Verses 10-13 i really loved. HOW are we all saved?? I've asked this question a lot this past week as we've been teaching new investigators. I often hear, through prayer, church, service, keeping the commandments...We are taught in alma 5 about this change of heart. We will be saved when we are truly converted. Because when we are truly converted we are faithful until the end (vs 13). This whole chapter asks questions that really make you think about your own life and that is one way we are trained when we teach about the gospel--ask inspired questions. I love this chapter! Basta, in our area in dagami there at one time was 200+ members and when the daniels were here there were about 40 people at church ( we now have 60-70s)...clearly a lot of inactive as well. SO verse 37 really stood out to me as well. " ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone astray, as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is STILL calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice." And then, verse 33, : Behold he sendeth and invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extedned towards them, and he saith, : Repent, and I will receive you."
I know this is true.! The gospel is so simple. IT is us as humans that make it more difficult. Jesus Christ our savior atoned for us, ALL of us. He invites ALL of us to repent, right now, today and come back to him. He promises us that he will receive us no matter what we have done or what we think we can't do..! All things are possible through Jesus Christ. I have to tell myself that every day. All things are possible through Jesus Christ. Please, please, don't every forget this.
Yesterday as well while i was sick in bed my wonderful comp, Sister Brinton was reading from the Liahona, January 2010. The story is short and sweet and called, "I will be found of you." In Jeremiah 29: 12-14 it says, Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go and pray unto me and i will hearken unto you. and ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And i will be found of you, saith the lord....."
The man continues on and says that he was reminded of when he and his wife would play hide and go seek with their children. He said that they would always make themselves easy to find when it was their turn to hide sometimes leaving a foot in plain view or making noises, or hiding in the same spot over and over. He said that they wanted their children to search for them, but they also wanted their kids to find them. THe looked forward to the hugs and kisses and the joyful giggles of triumph. . He related it to teh Savior and I really felt like i could relate to this as well. Heavenly father wants us to search for him, but he also wants us to find him--he knows how happy we will be when we do. He does not try to trick us! He does allll he can to help us know where and how to search..He gives us teh scriptures and prophets and temples, and listens to our prayers, and blesses us with the holy ghost!
It was a wonderful story from the liahona and one i really appreciated. I remember lots of times playing sardines or hide and seek when i was younger so this story made things a lot clearer to me.
In other news, we had great lessons this week and there seemed to be a theme of teaching how baby baptism is not from god. We taught a lot from Moroni 8 this week and how children are innocent.
Are investigators are doing well and we are too! I also asked our investigators this week what gift are we going to give our Savior for Christmas??? I ask the same question to everyone at home! :)
Please remember, remember, that anything is possible through jesus christ!
Please remember, remember that I love all of you and i pray for you, by name, daily.
Please remember, remember that the Lords arms of mercy are extended to you and all he asks is that we repent, and he will receive us!
Please remember, remember, " I will be found of you, saith the Lord." Please let us continue our search every day to find Him! He does not trick us. He helps us. Come unto Christ! We can do it. :)
I love you all. I love Christmas time and I miss you all, but I am happy here! Thank you for your prayers, support, and concern.
Love, your missionary,
Sister B.
Thank you louann mallory for your conversion story! My comp and I loved reading it.
No comments:
Post a Comment