Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4.18.11

Hello Family!

Well, last week flew itself by. On Tuesday President asked to meet with me and Sister Jones. He told me that I've accomplished what I needed to in V&G and that I was needed somewhere else. However, he said that what we have been doing was presented to the Lord again and that He wants us to keep moving forward working with all the sisters. But, now President wants to double our efforts. SO, even though I am transferred, he wants me to continue training the sisters and doing what I've been doing in Tacloban, just in a separate unit.

So Wednesday I found out that I would be transferring to SOGOD Zone, Southern Leyte speaking Cebuano J. My new companion is Sister Schneider! She is the batch behind me and I lived in Tanuauan with her two times. She is the best and we get a long so well. She was the one that I went to with all my back issues. She is an incredible missionary and gets the job done. She and Sister Farnworth saved Tanauan when they got transferred there in sept and she has been there ever since and I lived with her when i was assigned in Dagami for the first month and then again when i was assigned in tacloban for the first month. I basically can't say enough good things about her. We whitewashed this area and have a lot of work to do here. I have actually been here before b/c sister jones and I worked with the sisters here in February. honestly, it was just an okay day and I remember that it was a lot different than my very spiritual day in Hilongos. The spirit of the work was different here. I discussed this all with Sister Jones and Sister Schneider and we came to the conclusion that this is why we are here--to change the way the work is done and the Spirit of it. Get the new trainings applied and get this area progressing! So we are excited. Sister Jones is in TAcloban with Sister Quimson. She is awesome, I worked with her in CArigara. When we found out that there would be 4 of us assigned to this special assignment we knew it would be sister schneider and sister quimson;so its been pretty fun.

We spent a lot of time meeting all the members and finding all of our investigators. Our awesome branch president here was released on sunday :(. We really liked him and were excited to work with him...another one wasn't called yet. We also both talked in church on sunday. CEBUANO IS REALLY DIFFERENT THAN WARAY WARAY. And Cebuano J is different than Cebuano! It sounds a lot different to me and been a bit tricky to pick up things. But such is my life on the mission, right?! :) We are having a lot of fun struggling trying to speak to people. We keep telling them we promise we know waray waray and we are not as incompetent as we sound! We both really liked waray waray and are kind of sad to give it up and go back to Cebuano , but we are trying to have a good attitude about it and focus really hard on the work here.

We had 4 investigators come to church and we have two baptisms on April 29th. It is also fun kay my batch, Elder Fisher is my Zone leader!

So life is good in the south.
We call our selves the "Assisters of the South."

Life is good. I'm sad to not be in Tacloban anymore and I won't be able to go to Michelle's baptism on the 30th, but this is where I am supposed to be. When I prayed and explained to Heavenly Father all that I wanted for this last part in my mission and what I wanted to focus on and goals I wanted to accomplish I told him I think I need to be far away and out in the bukid again. So he sent me here. :) Its going to be awesome and I am so excited for this area. Its south though so its going to be hot hot hot.

I've been reading Jesus the Christ and plan on finishing it before end the mission. That means I would complete the missionary library, which was one of my goals. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying it.
Lately, i've focused a lot on the Priesthood and the church organization that Christ created while he was on the earth. I'm so grateful for that and that I know that His priesthood power is back on the earth. I think I would be really scared all the time if His power was not on the earth. I'm glad I live at this time when it has been restored. My testimony and understanding about the priesthood has grown immensely while I've been serving here.

Well, I am out of time now. I'm excited for these next two transfers here in Sogod. There is a joke in the mission about this place...how was sogod?... it was sooooooo good. And it is.

The end!
love you all.
love , your missionary,
Sister B.

No comments: