Hello Fam,
Ether 12:6 stood out to me last night as I was reflecting on this past week. I mentioned last week that no one came to church that we visited last sunday and it was quite disappointing to say the least. But, this week I learned a lot about what it means to "receive the witness after the trial of your faith." We didn't give up and we worked so stinking hard this week! On Monday we went to the Maunes family for family scripture study and prayer...Brother Maones just started talking and we just listened for a long time. (He was a past counselor in the branch presidency, but got offended by the branch president...long story/ really bad situation...) It was a direct answer to our pleading prayers. He said Sunday night he prayed all night long until morning. He said Heavenly Father told him to let go and forget what happened because he needs to focus on his family. His family is more important than the wrong that happened to him personally. He finally understood that his role as father and husband was crucial for the salvation of his family and he was not fulfilling his responsibilities and his family was suffering. I know that Heavenly Father had Sister Ghouri and me focus on the family and family scripture study with this family in particular because that is the only thing that would bring this man back. He had a truly life changing experience as he poured out his soul to God and God answered him exactly how he needed. It was so incredible! And later that week another man, Brother Maones friend, was at their home for family scripture study. This man is also a member and was offended and has stopped coming to church. Brother Maones was able to share his experience and said, 'lets just go back. together, this sunday." WAS I SERIOUSLY HEARING THIS!?!? WOW. Miracle! Brother Maones was completely different than the first time I met him 3-4 weeks ago. I love the gospel and I love family scripture study and prayer! We have gone to his house every night and they have 5 boys. They are 4 months to 9 years old and they read with us and kneel in prayer. ITs adorable. There entire family came to church yesterday. And so did his friend.
In fact, it was a great sunday. The sunday I got here the attendance was 67. Yesterday it was 110! :) We were so happy to see many of the less actives we have visited and a whole group of members from a very far away barangay came. As they entered the church it was just like seeing one miracle after another, one by one. So awesome.
On Saturday we went party hopping (not planned!). It seemed that most of the people we visited that day were celebrating something so we got to benefit from that. Delicious Filipino food. and free! We had to attend a wedding at the church as well. Weird feelings about that, but still good.
So yesterday was a wonderful Sunday and everyone at church was smiling and happy. The talks were about charity, the atonement, and a high councilor gave an excellent talk about the importance of member ship in the church. The chapel was full and everyone was happy to be there...There really is strength in numbers, I think.
WEll, This week will go by very fast I'm sure. We got to Tacloban for 2 days and we have our last interviews with President Malit.
Here's to a new great week. Love you all and thank you so much for your emails, love, and support.
Love, your missionary,
Sister B.
No comments:
Post a Comment