Monday, May 31, 2010

Updated Pictures

Picture overload!!! Finally!

My batch (district) an hour before we left for the Phillipines:scan0004

My MTC Comps the night before we left...scan0016

My awesome trainer, Sister Lemmon, and me under a very large umbrella.  They use umbrellas here to shade the hot sun!scan0003 scan0001   

Isn't this beautiful?  We walk past this everyday.  That's a rice field.  scan0005

I'm not drinking out of this HUGE SHELL-I'm blowing into it.  That is how the men selling fish on the street get people's attention.  It makes a really loud horn-like noise:

scan0006 scan0007

The ocean flooded the homes we were supposed to visit!scan0008

My favorite picture of all time.  Sister Lemmon in the peddy cab and me sitting on the railing.  This is in Naval.  Sister Jones' took this picture from her peddy cab.  :)

scan0009

This is at Laline Richard's house.  A very large rocking chair, indeed.  Haha.  She is the lady that speaks English and lived in America for 20 years.

scan0010

Cezom(sp??)-ward mission leader, Sis. Lemmon, Me, Elder Webb-DL, Elder Aberin

scan0011 

Me & Jenna and her beetle pet.  I am holding/eating "ice candy" or frozen pineapple juice.

 scan0013 

Huge lizards that are in the trees here.  First time I saw one.  We always HEAR them, but never see them usually. scan0015 

Carlo Vesar

scan0019

That is a huge caribou poop-on a stick.  We used this for our object lesson. :)

 scan0020

The lock on our gate takes forever to lock and I was getting a bit impatient.

 scan0021

This is my little friend Jenna.  She tied a beetle tot hat string and kept putting it on my bum!  It was hilarious the first 5 times...scan0022

Me and my wonderful trainer!scan0023

Sister Jones and I @ the Taiwan airport, 5 a.m.  Free massage chairs!scan0024 

Huge tree blocking the road:scan0033

So, the machete idea didn't work too well...scan0017

Me & Elder Webb (and a bunch of Fillipinos) carrying motors over the tree.

scan0026

(Tree fell & blocked the road) Finally a man came with a chain saw.scan0034scan0012scan0025scan0018scan0028

Biggest pizza ever.  A pizza place in Naval.  We don't eat there anymore though, b/c one bite makes me deathly ill.scan0027 

Our feast after fasting:  Ricer, dried fish, boiled bananas, toast, fried eggs, egg in a hole.

scan0029

Awkward hiking picture!  Promise I didn't touch the water!scan0031

Another awkward hiking picture...That my DL-Elder Webb.  He made sure we didn't die...

scan0030    

Dried fish...

scan0035

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love seeing all these pictures of you, Sister Blonquist! I have zero doubt that you are a fantastic missionary and I am just so proud to be able to say we are friends!