Maayong Hapon!!!!!!!
I can't believe June is coming to an end. I can't believe my time with my first companion and trainer, Sister Lemmon, is coming to an end! The life of a missionary is so interesting!
WEll, this week has been incredible! We taught some great lessons and we have some awesome new investigators. But first, I need to express my gratitude for the priesthood and for the tender mercies and love from our FAther in Heaven! I hope everyone had a great father's day yesterday! It is not really celebrated here at all, but since I had to talk in church I made sure to mention it and I decided to talk about the priesthood especially because of the special day. I am so incredibly grateful that the priesthood is on the earth and that I have had incredible examples in my life of men who honor their priesthood. The priesthood is the power and authority of God! How incredible is that!? God's church would not be complete without...it would not be God's church! I really feel like being here on the mission I have gained a deeper understanding of the priesthood and what it means to honor it. As of late of have witnessed very specific miracles from the priesthood and I know that each day there are many tender mercies and guidance because the priesthood is on the earth. For those of you who have asked, little Daniela is doing great and her leg is healing. She received a preisthood blessing and her family is truly trying to show their faith. It's been a unique, special experience to be a part of. There was also another incident here with my very favorite Nanay, and then everything went exactly according to the preisthood blessing she received. Sister Lemmon and I also had an opportunity to teach a lesson on eternal marriage and I studied a lot about the priesthood and the sacred ordinances we through the power of the priesthood. I know God's power is on the earth today and He has not left us alone! He truly does know each of His children. He truly wants us to be happy now in this life and return to Him. He is a perfect God and so His church is perfect and has perfect order and perfect power. It is not a place of confusion or disorder. He has a perfect plan and a perfect power that has been restored to the earth. There is no doubt in my mind as I have felt this power throughout my life, and especially as of late, i've been blessed with sacred experiences and impressions that have testified of this truth. The priesthood is real and it is essential to God's true church. Thank you to all worthy priesthood holders! ! ! !
This week has also been INCREDIBLE BECAUSE RAYMOND WAS BAPTIZED!!!! This was something we weren't sure if it was possible, but everything came together kind of last minute and it was the best day of my mission thus far. Raymond, the 17 year old kid that we have been teaching since before i got here. He was supposed to get baptized april 30, but then his parents wouldn't let him go to church and then other things happened,etc. But he was baptized and it was so wonderful! We really prayed this week to see if we felt like he was ready and sister lemmon and i both got very clear answers that he was and we should let him know that if he felt ready, he could get baptized on Saturday. I will never forget his face when we told him he could get baptized this saturday! He was so happy, but trying to act all tough, like a cool 17 year old! HAH! Love that kid. I am really glad we waited until June as well. I really feel like it gave him time to understand this convenant, build a relationship of trust with him and especially with his family, and really help him understand the gospel. He is my favorite person here and we are great friends! WE did a CSP at his house as well and the members and us have really been able to get to know his family and they love us now too! I know that through his faith and example his family will follow and become members. He is the best.
WEll, the baptism was in the ocean and right behind our special sacrament. I can't wait to send you all pictures of that! We literally had to hike down the mountain (STEEP) to get to the ocean. A LOT more difficult that anticipated. A LOT. And we were in skirts and poor sister lemmon and her sprained ankle. Don't worry, instead of helping us down the cliff, our District Leader started snapping pictures of our epic struggle. :)
It was such a great day!
WE then went and had a grand lunch to celebrate nanay helen's grandson's 2nd bday as well as a goodbye to sister lemmon. We ate quite a lot. yumm.
WE spent saturday visiting all the less actives and teaching them and finding people sister lemmon really wanted to come to church for her last sunday. WE fasted . They came.
Sister lemmon gave an incredible talk in sacrament meeting about how important the sacrament was, the holy ghost, and CHarity. It was amazing. She was embarrassed cause she cried a little bit, but it was perfect for these people. And me. Love my trainer! I spoke on the priesthood like i mentioned previously. WE also sang, Because I have been Given Much. Great sabbath day!
OH , we went and said goodbye to some members for sister lemmon and i got to try some stilts (i'm really bad) and drive a pot-pot (po-po) and i was pretty good at it...though it was harder than it looks!
BAsta, Life is wonderful here! Sister lemmon and i head out to TAcloban tomorrow! Then she will go back to america (weird) and I will HOPEFULLY not get transferred, and come back to Balaquid with a new companion! Pray for me and my new comp! :)
This week was truly full of miracles and tender mercies. I am loving this mission life.
I love my savior and I know he atoned for our sins, weaknesses, pains, and infirmities. Heavenly Father knows each of us. I encourage all reading this to not just believe in Christ, but to BELIEVE CHrist when he says he atoned for your sins and loves you.
Thank you for your faith, encouragement, letters, emails, prayers and example. I am so grateful I get to wake up every day and do the Lord's work. I know I am where I am supposed to be and Heavenly Father is guiding me each day. This is the time for us to prepare to meet our maker. The church is true, so what else matters!? Trust in God.
Much love to you all,
Your favorite :) Sister B.
1 comment:
Hey this is Cami, but I'm known as Sister Lemmon to you all! I just wanted to let you know how awesome Sister Blonquist is and how she is doing great! She's doing great and right on schedule in the language. I love her to death and miss her more!
Post a Comment