Monday, February 7, 2011

2.7.11 Stay to the truth

Hello Family,

This past week has been amazing and busy kaayo. I learned a lot and I'm grateful for Heavenly Father and how he teaches me new things every day. This week we had a great district meeting, or as we like to call them now, revelatory experience, and I learned about faith. I always liked the story from the bible about the father that brings in his son and asks the Savior to heal him. The Savior asks him if he believes. He says yes. . . and then he says, "Help thou my unbelief." My whole mission I have really tried to figure out faith. Especially how faith affects us and other people when everyone has their agency. Basta, I received some personal insight about faith. The father clearly took action and went to the Savior for his son to be healed. . .that is showing faith, right? But (in the movie finding faith in christ) it seems like Christ must have looked at him like he didn't really believe, and then the father said, Help Thou My Unbelief. Perhaps it is not just taking the action with faith, like the father did bringing his son, but I think we also must know in whom we have faith. The father must have realized who it was who was going to heal his son--our Savior and Redeemer. Once he realized that he was humble and meek and he understood more clearly that everything is according to His will. So faith is not just taking action, faith is knowing Christ and knowing He can do anything.
So, the question of the week slash my life--Do you know Christ?? How do you show your faith in Him, but also what do you do to know him?

Sister Jones and I worked in Dagami this week and had a blast! I just love those sisters. They are the best of the best. We then drove up to Catarman (samar) with the other assistants and spent a couple days with the sisters there. It was wonderful and I love them. They are great missionaries! Their area is right on the ocean up there and all the people just live on the sand. It rains constantly and daily and they had a brown out most of the time. Because it was raining (hard) the sand roads/paths were just rivers. It was a lot of fun! There was a leadership training there for the ZLs and DL so we were able to meet up with President and he took us home to Tacloban...thats about a 5-6 hour car drive with our mission president! :) He said you have your mission president for at least 4 hours, you can ask him anything! Haha, and we did. My first question was about his favorite surat..or topping for rice. And we talked about food to languages to his life and mission and about our missions and gospel questions. He's the best.

He texted us earlier this week about enduring to the end and how he sees it now as Stay to the Truth. I like this best and it translates better into waraywaray/cebuano/tagalog. I was reading 2 Nephi 9:18 and really was able to apply it to that. Our lives are full of 'enduring the crosses of the world', but if we stay to the truth, we will "inherit the kingdom of god" and our "joy will be full forever." He has prepared a glorious heavenly home for all of His children. He wants us to be happy now, and in the life to come. This is possible but we must stay to the truth. :)

Today I was also thinking about the Atonement a lot and realized how our Savior can heal our pains and emotional strife now on earth, but also only through the atonement all of our losses here on earth will be made up.
His plan is perfect! Learn of Him, learn of His Plan for you, and be happy. :) Life is so good!

Well, I love you all, I love being the Lord's missionary, and I love this gospel. The true church of Christ has been restored and there is no need to fear. Have faith in Him and all your dreams will come true! I am living proof of that.

Love you all!
Oh have you read the first presidency message this month? It's about missionary work! And the best quote ever DEFINITELY applies to my life.....
Quote of this phase of the mission by President Thomas S. Monson, " The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it."

SO! Maybe the Lord is just reshaping me kay I have lots of things he needs me to do! :)

My back is good by the way. I am taking care of it. Could you send me thermacare for the neck, though?
love, your missionary,
Sister B.

ps. this week we needed president to unlock the mission office and we asked him if he could... he texted us back "Just call my name. and i'll be there." yes. just text me. "---we laughed lots and then made him krispy treats for his bday which was Feb. 6. :) he's awesome.

No comments: