Hello Fam,
Looks like I must have come early to the internet cause I only got an email from Katie today. That's cool, no worries. I tried to email jarrett, and kerry and both have come back so maybe something is wrong with myldsmail?? Or you're blocking my emails....:)
well, this week was great and busy! We worked in Tanauan and had a blast with the sisters there. Its beautiful and right on the ocean. We then traveled to Southern Leyte to Sogod zone and worked with Sister Jone's follow up trainer, Sister Borroca and her new trainee. We got to see our batch, Elder Nelson there as well. It is Cebuano J down there so instead of Maayo--its Maajo. Threw me for a loop. I can't understand Cebuano very well anymore either. But it was a fun time. I love going to new areas. It's kind of refreshing. It has its up and downs b/c you work with the people and love them but then you have to leave after a day or so. We then traveled to Maasin zone and worked with Sister Ghouri (she is from Pakistan, got here in December) and Sister Jayson. We were in Hilongos (Sister Lemmon's second area i believe) and I fell in love with that place and the people there. Seriously. I love being a missionary and I had an incredible day. After lunch we went to this bed ridden sister. She can't talk anymore and her left eye has some sort of disease and she was clearly in a lot of pain. We started our lesson by singing, Israel, Israel, God is Calling...(a new favorite by the way) and tears just began streaming down her face. I felt a deep sense of love for her. I found myself turning to Alma 38 and sharing with her that I know she has endured a lot of pain, but God is pleased with her. She will be lifted up at the last day and God is aware of all she is enduring. It was a very tender lesson. The Spirit was very strong and I loved her as I knew my Savior did. I truly felt like his representative. All the lessons that day were unique and powerful and special. I will not forget Hilongos. After all our lessons were done we walked home and Sister Ghouri wanted me to meet her Pakistani friend who lived by them. I was tired but said okay. His name is Tony and he's lived by the missionaries for years and they've tried to teach him for years as well. He is probably in his 30s or 40s. We became fast friends. I seriously felt like I was talking to my best friend. We talked for almost an hour and a half about everything . He is Hindu and I was fascinated by his beliefs and his understanding about faith and God. We talked about Gods nature, His plan, the restoration, Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, temples, word of wisdom, organized religion etc. And more than anything else, I know he felt that I was his friend and I cared about him. ITs amazing how Charity works and how Heavenly Father truly allows you to see and serve His children how He would. Being a missionary is such a sacred, special calling. I hope I get to see Tony again some day. He made a big impact on me.
We got to attend the world wide leadership training and I really enjoyed that as well. We had a 3 hour drive home (luckily with the other assistants) and made it back in time for a baptism for the other elders in our ward. This past week flew by as I'm sure this week will too. We have Zone conference and then we travel to Ormoc for three days.
Life is wonderful and time is flying by.
Please pray that we will find an apartment in Tacloban this week! We really need one if we want to build up the area around the chapel. Please, please pray for that! Thanks. :)
Well, hope all is well at home and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.
And happy birthday to Becca Ann Hall on the 17th!
Love, your missionary,
Sister B.
No comments:
Post a Comment