Monday, March 7, 2011

3.7.11

Hello Family!
This week was transfer week! This week was also our first week focused
in our area! It was a great week and we didn't get transferred so now
that most of all the traveling is done throughout the mission we can
bring sisters here to work with us!
This week Sister Brinton worked with us. It was great to have my anak
back for a little bit. I am so proud of her! Sister Jones, Sister
Brinton, and I all worked together and we liked our threesome. We were
able to teach some great people and the Spirit was strong. We had one
really good lesson with some new investigators that I am excited
about. Aiza, Teresa, Marene.
On Wednesday we spent the whole day finding and contacting. Sister
BRinton was with Sister Jones and I was with a 13 year old ward
missionary. It was awesome. We met a lot of people and set some
appointments. At the end of the day I noticed the 13 year old
(thadda), saying Hi Po, good afternoon Po, Kamusta Po, to everyone and
I finally noticed and looked at her and asked if she knew them...cause
the way she said it made it sound like she did...She said nope! I'm
just being like you! I'm going to serve a mission too and I'm just
being friendly, like you! She also said Sister Brinton was Taylor
Swift, I was Britney Spears, and Sister Jones was Lady Gagga. . .
yeah. Haha. Basta, while contacting with her we found a lady and her
daughter, Ana Liza and Ana Shienobo. Ana Shienobo's nickname is
Shitchan. Yes, seriously. I can never say it without dying of laughter
and feeling like i'm swearing so i always have to say her full name.
Basta, we taught them and her mom said that when she saw me on the
street it reminded her of a dream she had about heaven and angels and
that there was a big gate and a key to get in and all she wants is to
go there and the angels looked like me and there was lots of gold. It
was kinda creepy and kinda cool. Thadda thinks she's crazy, but I kind
of liked her despite some other weird things she mentioned. Sister
Jones and I went back to them on Friday, but only Ana Shienobo was
there. We talked with her and then after the lesson she asked us for
money...awkward. Then we left after telling her we couldn't give her
any, and the neighborhood kids asked us why we were friends with her
b/c she is s stealer....hmmmm. The next day we taught her and her mom
and I felt like we needed to focus on repentance and used a stealing
analogy... I like them, but at the same time there is a weird type of
feeling there sometimes. We are not sure about their intentions and we
are trying to figure that out. At the end of the lesson ana shienobo
seemed to be trying to get her mom to ask us something, but her mom
told her to be quiet.... Again, not sure how we feel kay we want to
give them the benefit of the doubt, but we sometimes think the spirit
might be telling us something else.

Basta, on Saturday we went to a mans house that Sister Brinton and
Sister Jones had contacted. He is a die hard Roman Catholic and I
loved him! He barely let us get a word in , but he fascinated me. Then
when we were able to talk he finally said that he was impressed with
what we had to say and it made more sense than he thought it would. So
that was good. He said he never will talk to missionaries about
religion b/c it always turns into fighting but with us he decided to.
He wouldn't pray to ask God if through Joseph Smith the priesthood was
restored, so I closed with a prayer in stead. It got pretty intense.
We asked when we could follow up with him and he said why would you do
that?! I said, b/c you are important and we love you! He said the
complaint about the mormon missionaries is we are too insistent. I
said we don't give up b/c this is the truth. Sister Jones and i left
and couldn't talk for about a block. It was a very intense lesson. He
was prepared, but he refused to partake of the truth.

Yesterday was even more ridiculous. I am out of time but we had plans
to teach another lady Sister Jones and Sister Brinton had contacted.
We walked in and she was good, but her husband was a little insane. He
started yelling at us b/c there is an age limit for men to serve
missions 19-26 and said that was wrong b/c joseph smith was a prophet
when he was 30. We explained to him calmly why it was this way, but he
wouldn't listen. He then went off about how he wanted three families
to multiply and replenish the earth (his wife got ticked, and we felt
thoroughly uncomfortable...). He was loud and would never listen.
sister Jones was not okay with that. She asked him to sit down so we
could talk. He did not like her. I acted as the mediator. IT got
REALLY intense. I have no time to write about it!

But, it was fun! Life is good. I am happy and healthy! Sorry I am
early to the internet, it costs more after 3pm so now we go just right
after lunch.
I love my Savior, and I love being HIs missionary. I love recommitting
myself everyday when I remember the phrase, " I Belong To God!"

Hope all is well back home!
Katie and Luke, how's the basement?!?!? You all are in my prayers.
love, your missionary,
Sister B.

No comments: