Maayong Butang! (good morning)
*this email is going to be hard to follow:
*thanks cousins for dropping me off at the mtc!
*thanks kiera and benson and josh for writing me! and mags, caity, biancs, dad, aaron!
Things are going well here in the MTC. I LOVE IT....such an understatement, actually. I REALLY love all the letters I've received and the packages URS and NOEL, so thank you or SaLAmat. IT's awesome receiving mail, but difficult because the only day we get to write back is on our P-day: Wednesday. SO! Keep writing me even if you don't hear from me in a while. I absolutely love it here and I am doing really well. My district is wonderful and the Elders are funny and full of great love for the Savior and this gospel. I have TWO, yes TWO companions. It is UNHEARD of for sisters going to the Philippines to have a companion, but there are three of us! Awesome, isn't it!? Their names are Sister Jones and Sister Farnworth. Sister Jones is from Missouri/Idaho and goes to WEber STate, and Sister Farnworth is from West Jordan Utah and goes to UVU. WE are getting along well and really enjoy one another.
Mtc life is incredible. I LOVE IT. Aaron, thanks for telling me to sing in the choir. I made my companions go to practice on Sunday and Tuesday with me and then we found out we were singing at a fireside for Elder Hinckley last night. We sang "Lead Kindly Light. " I LOVED IT. The spirit was strong and it was a lot of fun. There are so. many. elders. here. Sisters are few, but strong. We all have a great time. I love when the whole MTC is together because the boys sing real loud and its great. We sang Called to SErve last night for the first time too.
Lets see:
Sunday we had a singing devotional/fireside which i have never done. Random elders and sisters stood up and said which hymn they'd like to sing and why and we all sang it. pretty cool.
I saw Elder Louk and Elder Blotter and they both seem to be doing well.
I saw my dear MADDY!!! I was searching for her all day the day I got here and then she found out where I was staying somehow and came to my room at night...good thing cause she shipped out the next morning to ARgentina! SO great to see her.
Sisters here are fashionable and adorable and wear accessories. SO all that stress about clothes and I could have worn a LOT of things I didn't think i could have. . . so parents if you want to go through my red bin and find my zip lock of headbands / flower clip that would be sweeeeeeet.
I LOVE GETTING MAIL! Did i say that already? Could someone please write on my blog how to to do "DEar Elder" and maybe on my facebook as well, mags? Dear elder rocks and I think it would be great to get letters from friends and from the achievement day girls that way. or you can give them my address:
Sister Victoria Blonquist
MTC Mailbox 315
PHI-TAC
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604
I would greatly appreciate that. Please let those acheivement day girls know my address and let them know I c an't email them back --only family--but i can get dear elders the same day and i can write them back on wednesdays if they include their address.
Okay, so I love my district of elders. I love my c omps. My zone is awesomeeee. My teachers are incredible. I am learning and growing and understanding so much. It's remarkable the love and unity our district feels for one another already. There is another district that got here in December so they leave in a few weeks for Tacloban and they have been sooooo helpful and hilarious and awesome. I am so excited to serve in the philippines with them. There are 5 sisters total. 2 in the other district, 3 with us. I am senior comp. Branch president and his wife are awesome. Every week they tell us the topic for the next sundays sacrament meeting and every single on of us has to prepare a talk and then they will randomly call 3 people to speak in sacrament meeting right before we have to go up and speak. . .
Schedule: wake up at 5:57 am (sounds like seminary routine... i know) three minutes before 6am work out class starts. This is for sisters only and its awesome--pilates, yoga, aerobics, etc.
*The 6:30-7 get ready
*7-7:30 breakfast
*7:30-11:30 we either have comp study, personal study, and class or gym with those things.
*11:30-lunch
*12:15 class til dinner unless we have MDT or gym or
*4:30 dinner
*5:15 classss or something
I dunno what the schedule is it switches daily which is nice bcause it makes exciting and not mundane.
Did I say I love it. Cause i lovvvvvvve it here. We've really focused on charity and love and the atonement this week and its really expanded and deepened my testimony. Our district is open and talkative and hilarious and we are learning and growing together. Tomorrow I have to "get to know someone" and testify in the Cebuano language. PRAY FOR ME PLEASE. This is a tough language. I am really focusing on having faith for this and no fear. My comps and I are understanding the concepts but its hard to remember sentence structure and all the "ngas" "mgas" "sa" '"si" "ni" "ang" you have to mark beefore the words. its nutssssss. and this language sounds NOTHING like spanish and EVERYTHING like a crazy asian language. i love it. and its really hard for me to pronounce. Palihog (please) pray for me!
My stomach was being weird--post africa style- for the first little bit..i think its due to having three immunizations in one week. Please pray that i can eat normally from now on. Its been frustrating to not be able to eat anything without getting sick . The food here is good. I like it. Always something i like to eat. They have wraps like at byu so i get those constantly.
Our MTC prez said sisters should not look like polygamists or nuns , so look sharp and attractive and business like! Great eh?!?
Also, i neeeed black Thigh highs.
Tomorrow I teach the restoration for the first time too to a 'fake ' investigator.
Life is wonderful. I pray for you all. I really do. I am learning how to pray in the language also. I think of you often and feel so blessed ot know you.
We have a savior. I know this to be true. Nasayud ko nga tinuod kining Simbahan. Nasayud ko ang Dios mao ang akong Amahan Sa Lagit ug ang iyang anak mao si Jesu Kristo. I believe in Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me and you. And i believe Christ when he says he atoned for my sins and pains and struggles and heart aches. He is real. The gospel has been restored and it is a remarkable glorious knowledge we have!
Read the Book of Mormon and love it. learn from it.
i miss you all. Nagpasalamat.
naghigugma ko ang inyong. ( i love you all!)
love,
Sister t. Blonquist
No comments:
Post a Comment