Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Letter #4 February 24, 2010

Kamusta mo?!?!?
>
> Hey sa pamilia ug sa mga higala,
>
>
> This week has been wonderful! Thank you for your prayers and letters and packages and support. My sa mga kauban (comps) and I are doing well and enjoying working hard. Per usual, this is going to be jumbled, soooo get ready!
>
> This week we have learned a lot about the atonement and grace vs. works. Its a power topic that i love learning about. We are teaching the Plan of salvation for out task on Thursday so we really dug deep with those topics. If you have time I encourage all of you to look in preach my gospel and see what it says on these topics.
>
> Well, this week we wrote out a slew of questions many people in the world have about our religion. Then we all picked various questions and studied them. Loved that. SO, if you have questions you should send them to me. Cause I would love to hear them and spend time researching and learning.
>
> Sidenote: we go to the temple two days out of the week. Both days it has decided to pour down with snow. So both days i have come back drenched and looking like a wet puppy. sweet.
>
> My teacher Brother morrey should be a stand up comedian. I think i've said that. We learned from him that when teaching a large group of people you should get a huge carrot and stick it in your shirt pocket. Everyone will pay attention to your lesson, gaurenteed. Try it.
>
>
> Random: Freshman year people: Mac Alsbury is a teacher right across the hall from my classroom. Cool, eh?
>
> Last week four new sisters came. They are awesome. I don't see them too much because the yare just in our branch, but we see them at meals and gym and at residence halls. One sister just turned 20..her parents are mission presidents in VA.
>
> On Sunday Janice Kapp Perry came and spoke to the Relief Society. AMAZING. WE all sang a medley of all the songs she wrote for primary. Wow, it was such a special experience. THen we got to meet her after wards and thank her for her incredible influence on our lives and testimony. she was awesome!
>
> My new favorite him is "BRightly Beams our Fathers Mercy"--its an all mens chorus one, but it rocks. Two elders sang it on Sunday.
>
> On Sunday we were all so exhuasted. But we have a fireside so we all went to that and just knew we were going to be Asleep for it...BUT WE WERE WRONG because the two people speaking were the most hilarious awesomest people i've ever met. Sister and Brother Beecher. They served in the Philippines TACLOBAN mission two years ago! My district freaked out when they said that! We were definitly awake for their talk after that. We then realized that there are only 6 OF US IN THE ENTIRE MTC RIGHT NOW GOING TO TACLOBAN. COOL! So , the BEechers are in charge of the humanitarian and welfare missions of the church. They train and coordinate all the missionaries. WOW, i am doing that when i am older. So, they had awesome clips of all the incredible projects the church does: wells for water, wheelchairs for disabled, etc etc. The entire room of missionaries was bawling. Not kidding. It's funny cause the day before my teacher asked us all if we had cried yet in the mtc...bahaha, i was the only one who hadn't! Such a german, thank you very much. :) BUT, after the fireside of humanitarian work in africa and around the world, I joined the crowd. It was so remarkable how the Lord provided miracles for his children. I loved it. My district went up to the Beechers and became fast friends with them. Serioulsy, i want to be them.
>
> Tuesday we had Elder Jensen from the pres. of the seventy come and speak to us. WOw, he is full of information! I really enjoyed his talk about the book of mormon. "Never let a day go by without being in the scriptures."
>
> In reference to the gospel: " You can't make use what you do'nt know." Saturate yourself in the good word of god.
>
> and "teach to learn" missionaries. you are not here to learn to teach.
>
> He was great! We then had a meeting afterwards and all bore our testimonies about the power of the book of mormon. I have so much to learn from it , but such a testimony of its strength. Dad, you sent me a letter that I got the same day as this fireside which was neat because you talked about finnishing the book of mormon. I saw elder reynolds this week on sunday at the temple and he said he read the book of momron in ONE week. CRAZY. I have a goal, but its not that intense...Haha, anyways, I know the book of mormon is the word of god. Open it up if you haven't for a while and give the Lord a chance to answer your questions and guide your life through his scripture. I promise you that you will find a strength and power you didn't know existed as you read it. Promise. :)
>
> The task last week went well. Actually we went in feeling awful and not prepared. But it was remarkable how the spirit literally guided the words taht came out of my mouth. Our lesson went smoothly and the spirit was strong. We got back to our rooms and said a prayer of gratitude. WE needed help and we received it, completely. It was a humbling experience and one that my companions and I will not soon forget.
>
> PLEASE pray for us this week for our task! The cebuano is soooooo tough for me! yikes.
>
> Our district made a goal to be more optimistic ( bahaha i'm sure you all know who suggested that one...get it from my dad...) I mean we were fine with being optimistic, but it was more the fact that each of us would get down on our selves...SO, I encourage all of you too, to make goals and or jump on our bandwagon and be more optimistic. What are some of your highlights of the day??? Miss hearing about those!
>
> Cebuano words for Livi/ Spencer:
> Nag-he-gewg-muh Ko neemo (I love you!)
>
> Sa-LAW-maat- Thanks
>
> Pock-yaas Ko neemo--I miss you!
>
>
>
> Chrissy B--SO good to hear from you and your crazy korean life! I will try and write you next week! promise.
>
> Kiera, josh, benson--Thanks for the scriptures and updates. Hope cali is waaay fun! Kiera i'll write you this week about things to send me. :)
>
> Dad--yes I still need an adapter, converter. And, how did you get my pictures printed? DId i give you my memory card? so confused.
>
> URS--are you alive? You must be cause i heard and saw that you got a new fridge!!! YEAY!!! Looks great! do you love it??
>
> Is sam housewright coming to our family reunion?!?!?! as he should...so sad i won't be there!!! :(.
>
> Kerry, missed hearing from you this week! and Aaron, you too!
>
> I miss my neices and nephews! Send me pics of them. We talked about our families during mdt and i didn't have pictures of all my neices and nephews...so sad!
>
> Random things:
> tripped a sister during yoga....i cool.
>
> remember what would frequently happen to me in africa??? yeah, i'm 22 years old and it may have occurred again at the mtc. I cool.
>
> Well, i am about out of time.
>
> Nasayud Ko nga ang dios mao sa akong amahan sa langit.
> Nasayud ko nga si jesukristo mao sa akong sa manaluluwas.
> Nasauyd ko nga ang dios nagpahiuli sa iyang ebanghelyo pinaagi ni joseph smith.
>
> nasayud ko nga ang akong pamilia makakauban og hangtud sa hangtud pinaagi sa ebanghelyo. nasayud ko nga tinuod ang basahon ni mormon!
> pag-ampo ko ug sa dios nagtubag ang akong pag ampo.
>
> Sa ngalan ni jesukristo, amen!
>
> Life is good!
>
> naghigugma ko ninyo,
> sister tori blonquist

No comments: