Jokeslang.... (just jokin)
Testimony:
asayud Ko nga ang dios mao ang akong Amahan Sa Lagit ug ang iyang anak mao si Jesukristo. Nasayud ko nga buhi si Jesukristo ug naghigugma siya nako. Tinuod ang ebanghelyo ni Jesukristo. ang Dios nagpahiuli sa iyang ebanghelyo pinaagi si Joseph Smith. Nagigugma ko ni Jesukristo.
Testimony:
asayud Ko nga ang dios mao ang akong Amahan Sa Lagit ug ang iyang anak mao si Jesukristo. Nasayud ko nga buhi si Jesukristo ug naghigugma siya nako. Tinuod ang ebanghelyo ni Jesukristo. ang Dios nagpahiuli sa iyang ebanghelyo pinaagi si Joseph Smith. Nagigugma ko ni Jesukristo.
i'm really frustrated right now cause i just spent so much time writing you! okay...
LIFE IS STILL AWESOME HERE. I love it here and I am learning lots. We spend 6-10 hours a day in our classroom learning. It's actually been really enjoyable and our schedules move around so its good. I just completed week DUHA! (two) and it's been interesting to reflect on what has changed and what we are learning. Our district is great and I love my companions, but I've definitely seen in myself and others the personal frustrations that are coming out. We are all starting to feel our weaknesses a little and it gets a bit hard. So please keep praying for us to comprehend the language and be able to recognize the spirit guiding us. If you want to pray specifically .....the elders in our district are Nelson, Fisher, Chastain, Akina, Straley, and Tenney..Sisters are Blonquist, Farnworth, and Jones. The language is tough and I am getting the sentence structure but struggling with remembering how to mark the words and focuses and speaking it. It gets annoying that I understand things but can't put them into play...kinda like math. and you know how i love math... hahahaha.
But really, I LOVE IT HERE! We laugh lots and I really appreciate that. I think that is probably something that has surprised me..how much we laugh. I definitely participate in and enjoy that. My teachers are wonderful and we love them and they us.
The other district of cebuanos are leaving monday which will be the saddest day of my life here in the mtc. They have been remarkable and so helpful and willing to serve. The elders have literally spent hours helping us pound out sentence structure and practice. Wow, love them.
Okay I have no time!!!!!!!
Cebuano is not a written language but people have written it phenetically so english people could learn it. Waray is not written at alllll.
Kiera--UM, hello Alarm system ! Let me know how that is goinggggg. Glad you guys are okay. Benson folding his arms?! adorable. keep writing aunt to to, Ben, i love it. Thanks for the package and encouragement and your talk. REALLY appreciate it. love you
Katie and luke--haven't heard from you! though i hear good things about youuu. write me! :)
jarrett--haven't heard from youuu. need your addressss!!!
Andru and marilee---thanks for your letter Marilee! Tell Annalee i loved the diary of anne frank!
Aaron: thanks for the letter and the package of chips and queso and hot tamales and mints. PERFECT TIMING! I was CRAVING chips. and then i got your package anddddd we had fiesta friday so it was perfect. Us sisters (8) downed three bags of chips, 2 queso, 1 salsa, and 1 bean dip. yummmmm.
>
Kerry: Loved your email. Thank you so much. Please keep writing me. I love getting glimpses of your mission!!! And the story of your kids in sacrament meeting cracked me up. I read them to my comps and they were dying laughing too.
>
Kerry: Loved your email. Thank you so much. Please keep writing me. I love getting glimpses of your mission!!! And the story of your kids in sacrament meeting cracked me up. I read them to my comps and they were dying laughing too.
Emily Gillespie-though she can't read this, i love her! She sent me a letter and pic from Chile and it made me sooo happy. SO, all my fellow african friends reading this, write me! (and sister gillespie!)
Zach- Thanks for the letter and greenie package--so creative. LOVED it. Thank you note in the maillll.
Zach- Thanks for the letter and greenie package--so creative. LOVED it. Thank you note in the maillll.
Becca--It's your birthday soon and i don't know your address!! Can someone get that to me??
Mossy/Biancs-I shower after gym time thank you very much. i wash my hair every other day or sooooooo. i obedient. and cool.
Random: Saw elder reynolds.
Send me pics! I didn't have time to print any off before i came! Family/friends/last weekend together/neices/nephews!!!
I am loving it here and i explained more about my thoughts in my last email that is lost in this computer, but i want you to know i am feeling your prayers and really appreciate them. Life is awesome here and i love the people and the gospel and what I get to do!
We had an incredible devotional last night that was motivating and calming all in one. It brought a lot of peace but a lot of desire to work work work. Elder Grow spoke to us. If you don't know who he is, somehow find out. Everyone was blown away by him. He talked about his mission and baptisms and reactivating and "Rescueing." He shared a story of Elder Holland's that was so profound. If you want details write me a legit letter and i'll write you one back! :)
Mossy/Biancs-I shower after gym time thank you very much. i wash my hair every other day or sooooooo. i obedient. and cool.
Random: Saw elder reynolds.
Send me pics! I didn't have time to print any off before i came! Family/friends/last weekend together/neices/nephews!!!
I am loving it here and i explained more about my thoughts in my last email that is lost in this computer, but i want you to know i am feeling your prayers and really appreciate them. Life is awesome here and i love the people and the gospel and what I get to do!
We had an incredible devotional last night that was motivating and calming all in one. It brought a lot of peace but a lot of desire to work work work. Elder Grow spoke to us. If you don't know who he is, somehow find out. Everyone was blown away by him. He talked about his mission and baptisms and reactivating and "Rescueing." He shared a story of Elder Holland's that was so profound. If you want details write me a legit letter and i'll write you one back! :)
Just got back from the temple and really enjoyed it.
Dad, can i get nana and uncle jim's address? I need to send them thank you cards.
I can't wait to look back in 2 years and see how our district has grown, matured, and deepened our relationships with our Savior. Just looking back on a week I have seen the ups and downs and strengths and frustrations. What a great work we are doing here. I LOVE IT and feel so blessed and humbled to be here now and I truly am enjoying it!
OH! Also, our 'task' last week went really well. First time we tried speaking in cebuano i said "i know that jesus christ loves me." Which would be okay to say if i was bearing my testimony in church or something, but i used the form of "me" that was "exclusive" meaning that I know that jesus christ loves me (not including the people we were trying to teach.) bahahaha. oops. But then the second person we talked to in cebuano we all did well and he was a past mtc instructor and was way impressed! Then we taught the restoration lesson and it was good. This week our task is more intense and it's tomorrow and we are slightly freaking out because we have to speak A LOT IN cebuano and teach specifics of the restoration. Love the challenge, per usual! Pray for me to be able to retain allllll that i am learning and be able to speak it. Don't worry i am the only one in the district that can not prounouce "nga" very well. Every teacher has come in and stood in front of me and tried to say it and have me do it. Embarrreasssssdingaslkdfjsdl;a. Embarrassing. But not really, cause I can do it sort of/ sometimes. It's funny. I promise.
anyways! nagpasalamat for all of your prayers and letters and packages! Keep them up. :)
Naghigugma ko ang inyong (i love you all),
I can't wait to look back in 2 years and see how our district has grown, matured, and deepened our relationships with our Savior. Just looking back on a week I have seen the ups and downs and strengths and frustrations. What a great work we are doing here. I LOVE IT and feel so blessed and humbled to be here now and I truly am enjoying it!
OH! Also, our 'task' last week went really well. First time we tried speaking in cebuano i said "i know that jesus christ loves me." Which would be okay to say if i was bearing my testimony in church or something, but i used the form of "me" that was "exclusive" meaning that I know that jesus christ loves me (not including the people we were trying to teach.) bahahaha. oops. But then the second person we talked to in cebuano we all did well and he was a past mtc instructor and was way impressed! Then we taught the restoration lesson and it was good. This week our task is more intense and it's tomorrow and we are slightly freaking out because we have to speak A LOT IN cebuano and teach specifics of the restoration. Love the challenge, per usual! Pray for me to be able to retain allllll that i am learning and be able to speak it. Don't worry i am the only one in the district that can not prounouce "nga" very well. Every teacher has come in and stood in front of me and tried to say it and have me do it. Embarrreasssssdingaslkdfjsdl;
anyways! nagpasalamat for all of your prayers and letters and packages! Keep them up. :)
Naghigugma ko ang inyong (i love you all),
love,
Sister T. blonquist
Sister T. blonquist
(Sorry this email was not as good as the first one i trieeeeed to send you!)
No comments:
Post a Comment