Thursday, March 18, 2010

Letter #6 March 11 2010

Kamusta Mo !



A couple things:

URS--do you know the song "o Lord my redeemer" and can you find me a copy of it...in my range..that i could sing? I gave a lesson on the atonement on sunday and elder akina asked me when if i was going to sing before we leave and if i could sing that song...so i said if i could get a copy of it and it was approved i would ... so, its up to you URS. :)



I neeed the LOUKS address asap! Elder Louk left me a package to mail home to them and he didn't leave me their address. could you get that asap?! thanks.



Cyndi Blotter! Thanks so much for the dear elder! It was wonderful to hear from you!! Tell brittany i miss her and she should write me!



My Biancs got her mission call to SLC TEMPLE SQUARE! Let me just say that that is incredible! PERFECT place for her! Since being in the MTC I have now realized how incredible that mission is. Seriously, all the missionaries have so much respect and love for that mission slash we are a bit jealous. I told my district and all the elders were like, "She is so lucky! " SO shout out to my biancs. She reports on May 26th. :)



Emily Gillespie--will some of my africa friends let me know if she is okay? I know all the missionaries in Chile are accounted for, but could someone look at her blog and tell me what is going on!??! thankssss.



Ellie hall--SO great to get your letter! I will write you soon. Loved hearing the great updates on your exciting life! Sounds like summer will be a blast. I saw alex in the temple today. :)

Tell becca to write me puhleeeze.



Katie--glad you are reading 2 nephi 9! Its amazing!



Kiera--oh benson would be a star. thanks for your talk, i really enjoyed it.



Well, sa pamiliya ug sa mga higala,



this week has been amazing. We have had incredible experiences together as a district and I have learned a lot. I think I just want to make a list of things/phrases that have helped my testimony grown this week and have helped deepend my gospel understanding.



We had a large group meeting last week: Write down the miracles of your week. Write down what you are praying for. Reflect on your week and see how the lord is shaping you and answering your prayers.



Brother Bishop taught us:

Be temperate. WE must be temperate, stable and sure and consistant every single day because the world is unstable and unsure. WE must be sure and know how to move forward in this battle. Also, "do not try to change truth to fit your weaknesses." BE humble... why do we often defend our weakness???? Change you to fit truths...



Brother Latimer:

Agency--choosing to do as much as you can in your abili9ty and Heavenly Father will make up what you can't.... we have to do everything possible. and we can. We can do hard things...





Chile Earthquake: Sister smith (mtc president wife) told us that the mission president's wife down there woke up in the middle of the night two weeks before the earthquake and new there would be an earthquake. they then proceeded to prepare all the missionaries and went to each apt in the mission and prayed over their homes, etc. cool eh?



President smith said " selective obedience is not obedience at all."



"Don't miss out on those appointments the Lord has arranged for you that are not in your planner (or schedule, or to do list.)"



Discussion in class about sins vs weakness vs infirmities:

How the atonement works:



sins--forgiveness

Weaknesses--Strength

Infirmities--Mercy



That is a very simplistic visual of what an hour and half conversation was. It was a really neat discussion.



Different day:

ZIN.

Numbers 20: 1, 6, 10, 11, 12,13......The lord told moses and aaron to get water a certain way...they kindaaaaaaa were obedient. not really. they exaggerated things and did it their own way.... so we now have a saying..if you are not ZINNING (strict obedience) you are SINNING.





Last night bruce c. hafen came and talked about Testimonies. Testimonies are not just a feeling. they come from 1. Reason 2. Feeling 3. Experiences.



It is a process, not just an event.

How true that is! Over several experiences of my life I have come to recognize the strength and power from a loving heavenly father. I continue to see this each day and my testimony is deepening to a new level. Its remarkable.



Last TASK on thursday was hard. It was all in Cebuano. Thank you so much for your prayers. It started out tought. It was hard. And uncomfortable at first. But we got moving and I answered some questions in a fluent consistent couple of sentences...SAWEET. Also, can you BELIEVE that i leave in three weeks?!?! I can't .



I learned a lot this week and felt a lot of love from my Heavenly Father. My whole district bore their testimony on Sunday. It was a great opportunity to fast and bear testimony of the things i know to be true. I am loving life here and doing well. The language is a constant struggle and I am not sure what to do with myself and that. But I'm not giving up.



ALso, i thought you all might be happy to know I learned my favorite word.

NAgsingut =I 'm sweaty.



:) Some things never change.



The gospel is true and has been restored. The lord is waiting for us to come unto him and know him. The atonement is real. I mentioned earlier that i taught the sunday school lesson on the atonement. It was great to spend time studying that. I woke up at 4:52 on sunday to study for that lesson and it was worth every minute of sleep lost. I read in Jesus the Christ about the atonement and in the new gospel principles lesson book ...so, read that if you get a chance this week. It was really powerful and helpful.



Nasayud Ko nga ang dios mao ang akong amahan sa langit. nasayud Ko niining. Nahigugma ko sa Dios ug ni Jesukristo. Nasayud ko nga ang dios pahiuli sa iyang ebanghelyo pinaagi ni joseph smith. nag-ampo ko ug ang dios nagtubag sa akong pag-ampo.



I love goign to the temple every week. Its an amazing experiences .



Also, patience is crucial. PMG teaches us this, and I know it is true. I know that Satan is real and knows our weaknesses and will try and trick us consistently. WE must be temperate and stable and consistent. We have to be diligent in this!



And the quote of the week for me, "Shall we not go on in so great a cause!?"



i love you all. I know this was more scattered than normal. I have some elders going crazy and being loud behind me...per usual.



Heavenly Father takes care of his children. Don't forget that. :)

love,

Sister B.

No comments: