Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sister Blonquist's FINAL MTC LETTER!!!!

Kamusta mo! Wow what an exciting, unbelievable week it has been here. I LEAVE THE MTC IN 5 DAYS. I AM NOT READY (PER USUAL).
First, URS CAN YOU order me another micro fiber towel from the missionary mall here in provo? I think you can order them online and get them directly shipped here. THAT WOULD ROCK.

ALSO, katie and kiera. everyone in my district has the same mailbox number--315. you should put something in there for everyone if yo uwannaaaaaa. you're awesome.

WEll, my companion, sister farnworth found out last week that her twin sister is pregnant so she will be an aunt! Told her it is the best thing everrr.. Speaking of my neices and nephews, do they remember aunt To-to??? I miss them and love them and pray for them each individually every single night. Please let them know. Also, tell them to choose the right, do their hwk, read their scriptures, and laugh lots.

Happy Belated bday to my mossy mags! She is 22 and went skydiving, finally!!! YEAH.

On Sunday we had a fireside by the Jarmens. But, we had a special musical number by 4 elders singing, Abide with Me, accepella. INCREDIBLE. They had an intense key change and they nailed it. Wow, the spirit was so so strong.

Last Thursday our task and lesson went well. A sister that just got off her mission LAST WEEK came in and was the fake investigator! She went to our mission and she was awesomeeeee. She speaks both waraywaray and cebuano and we loved talking to her about everything. It got us extremely excited for our lives in the philippines that is soon approaching.

This week is stressful. There IS NO TIME this week. at . all. I don't know when i am going to pack.

Mags, we do laundry at 6am, but i think our assigned time is 7:30. No, we don't have to wake up at 4:45.

In just about an hour or so my companions and I have to go train about 100-200 new missionaries on 'how to begin teaching'.....ummm, if you read this you should pray for us, cause we are a bit nervous. thanks.

Today I went to the temple for the last time for 16 months. But it was an epic event. I was at the temple from 11am-3:30pm. Our district leader, Elder Chastain, was the only member in his family until today! We were able to do the work for his grandma and grandpa. This is what it's all about. Bringing families together. He just kept saying, ''i'm not alone anymore!" It was such a powerful experience. I was able to do the endowment work for his grandma. YEAH! :)


There are have been so many beautiful, spiritual experiences here these past 9 weeks in teh MTC. I love this place so much. I have grown and I have been amazed at the growth in my companions and my elders. We are a family, and like Elder Akina says, family comes first. IT's been a remarkable experience and one that will always be tender to my heart. I know am looking forward to the part two of this great adventure and work in the Philippines. I am completely lost with the language, and know that this will be one of the epic struggles of this mission for me. I do feel your prayers and the power from them, so please please palihog, never ever stop. I know that God lives and that Jesus is our Savior. Every moment of every day that is in my thoughts and heart and brings a smile to my face. This life is such an opportunity for us and I can't believe how great it is.

I want you all to know that I am working hard. I had a glimpse of how hard this mission is going to be for me in the next 16 months last night. I know I am giong to love it with all of my heart, but I also saw my weaknesses and my 'worst self' as I reflected and poured out my heart to Heavenly Father. . . but, I also saw hope in what I could be and how this mission will be a 'refiner's fire.' It is a time to know your worst self and become your best self. To move forward with this work and to move forward with the plan heavenly father has for me. I always knew that my path would be unique and the desires of my heart would be able to come true. Heavenly Father continues to bless me immenesly everyday.

Right now I am in Alma in the book of mormon. I plan to finish the book of mormon by the time I step foot in the Philippines.....lots to read, but it will happen, no worries. I am learning so much for the book of mormon and being able to visualize the stories like never before. I know that as we read the book of mormon we will understand it to the level of understanding we need to, but that promise only works if we read it....SO try it. :)


Last night our devotional was from brother and sister robbins.

She spoke a lot on having faith and not fear. I leved that she told us that 'you can do hard things because you love the lord, or you love your companion, or you love your mission president, or you love your parents..." Things are supposed to be hard; we can do it.

It was nice to hear because most of the time...about 99%, I am extremely pumped to go to the Philippines! I can't even believe how awesome my life is! But there are some times (its happened 2x) for 30 seconds I get really scared....and then I just get over it. Anyways, it was nice to hear that again.

Be not afraid. ONLY BELIEVE .


Her husband spoke on the power of the book of mormon: and it was powerful! He also spoke on testimony and conversion. A lot of our testimonies come slowly over the years and deepen..."line upon line...here a little there a little." But they come. Move forward with the faith that you have and let the Lord love you and bless you with a deeper understanding and deeper faith.


Oh wow, I love my life. I still laugh daily here and love the people I am priviledged to have in my life. I am learning so much and struggling with the language, but that too is a learning opportunity! I can't wait to write you a letter from the Philippines. :) I bet you can't either.

I leave Monday, MArch 29th. Our flight leaves at 7:30pm from SLC. I fly to LAX arriving 9...leave for the philippines at 12:10. This means parents ill probably be calling you around 11:30 or 12 your time. (sorry urs I know you work early). If the rest of the family wants to be in on the call thats cool, or not, whatevs. I still need to get a calling card for that. I am the travel leader for our group so if i don't call at 11:30 its cause i'm trying to get everyone situated ,etc.

WEll, here's my testimony :)

Nasayud ko nga ang dios mao sa atong langitnong amahan ug nahigugma siay nato.

nasayud ko nga si jesukristo mao sa atong manaluluwas. Namatay siya para sa atong sala. Natubos siya ug namatay sa atong mg sala. Natunos ug namatay siya atong mga sala. Pinaagi sa pag-ula nga makapuyo mi uban sa dios usab!

Kiera--my long purple dress. please send that to me asap. please or have urs and noel do that asap. pleaseeeeeeee.
nat--i love you. thank you for telling me all about your life and dc!
mags--you are the best. happy belated bday!
katie wilk-great letter and thanks for the girls scout cookies!
aaron--i love you and pray for you and work stuff.
kerry--thank you so much for your letters. they mean the world to me.

jarrett--did you get my letter???????????????????? someone text him asap and ask him. then write me. :)

our last task/lesson is tomorrow . please pray for me. i need it.

I truly love you all and I truly pray for you all. Seriously. My knees hurt these days, but its a good pain.

God lives and he loves you!

Have a great day and week!

Love ,
sister B!

No comments: