Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 12th Letter

Hello Everyone,

This week flew by! It was such a great week and we are teaching lots of people and staying busy. I am still having trouble with the language, and probably had the worst week yet, but I know Heavenly Father is aware of me. On Sunday we had 12 investigators come to church. 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how excited we were. Josephine Corpin, Jenette Sumayon, Eugene and Ging ging Tizon to name a few. We have been teaching jospehine and jenette for months and they would never ever come to church. I think we might have let out a yelp of joy when we saw jospehine come in. It was a great Sunday. Primary lesson was fun and sacrament meeting was really good. Sister Dustin and I were ecstatic (Sp?). Anyways, the Spirit was really strong and we loved it. Sister Dustin suggested on Saturday night that we fast for our investigators...so we did. ..and then Sunday 12 came to church! The lord recognizes our hard work, our sacrifices, and the righteous desires of our hearts. I think I'm beginning to feel/see what it meant in my mission call letter that i would experience more joy than ever before... What a day!

Well, we woke up at 5am today to do laundry and clean our house....Elder Teh of the 70 i think is coming to take a tour of the mission. I'm tired. ! This week we have zone conference in Tacloban on Friday so we'll leave at 4am for that. We also are doing our play which is coming along and going to be soooo incredible! I am praying I won't be transferred!

Well, time is short. I have so much to say and no time to do so! Life is wonderful here and the weather is changing to more overcast and rainy...which i love! We are teaching so really amazing investigators and we are searching and teaching the less actives. It is a very fun adventure everyday. I love the people here and i am learning what it truly means to serve, and to love.

As I was reflecting on my struggles this week with the languages... i had a deep realization that I'm not learning this for me. I am learning these languages because i love these people. So when I get frustrated or overwhelmed I just have to remember, this language learning process isn't for me, its for them. I know God sent me here for a specific purpose. I know he knows each of us and he is mindful of alllll of his children. We are put into each others lives for a reason and we are together to help each other grow and return to live with Him. I am here to help these people know their maker. So with this knowledge I move forward in faith to learn this language. Its hard! But he never said it would be easy, he only said it would be worth it! I got a taste of that on Sunday.

We are teaching a great family--Tizon family. Please pray for them. He was a preacher/missionary for years. They are awesome. And please pray for jospehine Corpin! Her husband isn't interested so she is kinda solo on this one.

Well, the church is true!

I love you all!

love,

sister b.

No comments: