Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19th, 2010

Hello Family and Friends!

I can't believe its July 19th! Have so much fun at the reunion family!

Well, its been an incredible week here. Truly. We worked hard and taught some great people. We had 11 investigators come to church yesterday! 11! The Tizon family and Josephin corpin and her daughter judith, as well as lady lucas and jenette sumayan and her daughter lara mae are all scheduled to be baptized on august 7th! What a great day that will be! These people have been prepared and they are progressing and learning so much as they read the scriptures, attend church, and read the Book of Mormon. We had a great FHE at the tizon house and a lot of people came. Sister Dustin and I had quite a lot of fun this week teaching lessons and enjoying our life here. We also had a great zone conference this week!! It was in Tacloban so we traveled on Thursday and spent the night there. It was combine--5 zones, because Elder Teh of the seventy came!!! So we were told that we all needed to prepare to speak b/c he would choose 3 people to talk..our ZL told us the topic was The Book of Mormon, but then when we got to Tacloban they told us it was on finding people to teach, teaching with The Book of Mormon and comp unity... So it was a long day of travel and we had to do weekly planning so at 10pm I'm frantically trying to prep anything..but i wasn't too worried b/c 5 zones there was no way i would get picked right? Well, zone conference is going well and Elder Teh was incredible. We all got to meet him and his wife before it started as well. He laughed when i said i was from Chicago and said the weather is the same here as there. SO true! Well, after Elder Teh trained us, they then announced the next speaker-- Sister Blonquist! And "she her topic will be teaching with the spirit." ..UMMMMMM, that was not a topic i had prepped!!! So I grab my preach my gospel and my scriptures and head to the pulpit. And I just start talking. I remember starting a sentence and not knowing where i was going with it....but i was completely calm and fine and just kept going. The spirit totally and completely guided every word i said. I actually think it was one of the best talks I've ever given! And I can't even remember what i said! Haha, but I felt good and give all credit to my Heavenly Father. He totally and completely helped me and I was able to say what I needed and what was right. (this was all in English by the way--our ZC are in English...but i can't wait for this to happen to me in Cebuano someday too...)

Anyways, i remember stating that the Holy Ghost is not just 'the spirit' but a member of the godhead! A god! That can and must be with us every single day, lesson , etc. How amazing it is that a god is our companion every second. Anyways, it turned out well and I was happy and I knew I said whatever Heavenly Father needed me to say--even though I don't remember most of it! It was neat to learn from the things coming out of my mouth---that was something my mission prep teacher, Brother Bott, said would happen when you teach with the spirit.

It was a really neat experience that I have never really felt before. Elder Teh said, "good job! and thank you!"... and then guess what his next training was on---how the Holy Ghost is a member of the god head and how profound that is! Cool eh! ? It was a great zone conference and i learned a lot. I also got my two small packages urs and noel, so thanks for those!!

Also, yesterday we had a Book of Mormon fireside. President Malit has specifically asked us to do those so we did yesterday. I actually had no voice--a bit sick-- but no worries. So we had some Book of Mormon movies--seminary ones i think-- and then some spiritual thoughts and then two object lessons. It turned out so good! We had a lot of Less actives and tons of investigators there! Tons! Our branch president announced we are going to do them every Sunday night from now on! It was also really great b/c there are these two young men (15 and 20) that we met through the Swiss kid, victor (his dad yelled at us for talking to him..awkward) anyways, these two guys have come to some activities and they were there. they always say we don't want to be a member we just want to know what you are about. Well! David was in tears and said that he has all these questions and wants us to teach him! He felt the spirit so strong and he and Michael also want to be in our play! He wants us to teach him every Wednesday now.

It has been such a great week. Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts in my behalf. Balaquid is really doing well and we are working hard and looking forward to lots of baptisms coming up.

love you all and miss you too,

sister b

No comments: