Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010

Hello!

This week was wonderful. I can't believe its almost August now! Time flies when you are having fun. The reunion sounds like it was really fun and everyone enjoyed it. I can NOT wait until I can see pictures of everyone and get the t-shirt?? :)

This week we had some great lessons. We taught our friends , David and Micheal who came to the Book of Mormon fireside last week and had lots of questions. It was an incredible lesson and David and Michael had tons of questions and we were able to answer them. I loved that.

We also had interviews with President Malit this week. I love my mission president and know he was called of God. I felt a lot of peace, comfort, and motivation when i left that interview that was needed. It was soooo good! I know I was called to the Philippians Tacloban mission for many reasons, and one of them is to be here at this time with President Malit.

The Tizon Family, Lady Lucas, Josephine and Judith Corpin, and little Karla Sumayan are all getting baptized on August 7th! 7 people on Aug. 7th! That will be a great day of the mission.

We had district conference this week in Naval so our branch got a bus to take us all on Sunday at 6am. We have been working with these two inactive boys lately, Renato and Jaime and really focusing on getting them back to church and turning their lives around so they can go on missions. We taught them a few times this week and made them promise to go to district conference..... but still, we weren't sure they would show up at 6am. Well, we prayed a lot as well. We love those kids! Well, at 6am we look outside and they are waiting for the bus! We could not believe it. One of them hasn't been to church for 8 years!

District conference was great. We sang in a choir and it went pretty well. Pres and Sister Malit spoke, an area 70, and district presidency. I really enjoyed it. They focused a lot on temples and tithing.

President Malit has asked us talk about the temple in every lesson. It has been so good to teach about the temples and why i love the temple so much. I miss going to the temple weekly. I realized the other day that whenever i need a song to hum (to drown out other music, or i am feeling down, or frustrated) I always start humming " I love to see the temple. " Everyone in America reading this should go to the temple this week for me! I miss it so much!

Our investigators are doing well and progressing and it is so incredible to see. Especially the Tizon family. I know he was prepared his whole life for this message. He is so good and the branch is really taking their family under their wing. It's exactly as it should be.

I also cant wait until the new chapel is finished in September. We might all be walking to church them to support the members that can't afford a motor, but the church is true so what else matters, right?? :)

I love this gospel and i love my savior. Faith is what we need to get through all the struggles and trials and humiliations and hard times. God has a plan for each of us! When we focus our lives on our savior Jesus Christ , we will be happy. We will. No matter what.

Life is good here in Balaquid. thank you for your prayers and support. I need them all!

love,
sister b

Ellie hall--i got your letter!!! WOW, thank you! So glad you are loving EFY! how's your sister?!?! she needs to write me.... I'll write you back next pday. :)

cousins--are you alive?!?!?!?!? dear elder me asap. i need an update on your life palihog.

mama nat--are you alive?! i miss you and wrote you a letter today!

No comments: