HEy family!
Isn't fun that you have to wait a week before you get a reply from me?!?
Haha. well, i think its fun!
So! Thank you so much for your prayers and for putting my name in the temple. I don't remember all i told you last week, but i'm sure it wasn't much.
I am doing well! This week we got to work and it felt so good! It's funny how i talked to all of you and life was good and healthy and then the NEXT DAY i got this strange injury. Oh life. Well, I was on a ton of muscle relaxants and couldn't do much with that. I did not like that at all, and poor sister brinton had to just sit and study and pray and ponder...and then get realllly excited when i'd wake up so she had someone to talk to. But thats all over now. Last week we went back to the doctor on wednesday to see how i was doing. I had no pain and my little hump on my back seemed to be nearly gone--oh, yeah, sister brinton named it, Ezzie. . like esmerelda from the hunch back of notre dame..thanks, sister b. :) Well, we go to the doctor and he said that he would like to continue taking calcium and this other genecol pill to strengthen my muscles. My shoulders were still noticeably uneven so he said he wanted to do a physical exam to make sure my spine was okay....but i would have to be bare....(not okay) and so he said i could get another Xray of my whole spine. He then said he wanted me to do some physical therapy--4 sessions there at the hospital.
I said okay and texted Sister Malit to make sure that was fine. While we waited we paid for the xray and the physical therapy session (you have to pay before doing anything) and waited for their reply. Well, she texted me back that they couldn't give me the okay for that.... (great, i had already paid..) And then she texted me again and said that they would like to request that i be seen in Manila.
Ummmmm, what?!?!?
Honestly, i felt great! And after the blessing from President Malit, i felt no need to go. But I said okay and proceeded the long process of trying to get refunded...
Basta, I felt okay, but i knew they had sent my xray to manila earlier in the week and wondered if the doctor there had requested to see me and something was wrong...I talked to president about it and told him i had felt good after the blessing and felt a little silly going all the way to manila. But he said that he did not feel comfortable with the doctor here and that he had been the one that requested i be seen there. He knows the doctors there and trusts them (obviously, b/c they are from the church) and would just feel better if i had to get physical therapy to do it there. I said okay, sounds good. And I felt better about it too.
SO, tonight i stay in Tanauan apt and tomorrow at 4:55am the office elders will pick me up (poor elders...) and take me to the airport. I will be flying with Sister Malit and their little 6 year old, Spencer! (he's hilarious.) I don[t know why she is going, but thats good for me! Then I will stay at the MRC (Missionary RECOVERY CENTER..not missionary RECREATION center...too bad..) but we don't know how long i will be. It just depends on what is wrong or if anything is wrong at all! I'm just hoping to be able to go do a temple session there!!!! THat would be AMAZING! And maybe go to Krispy Kreme b/c all the APs and elders that have had to assist me these past few weeks love krispy kreme and i want to get them some...there's only one in the philippines. haha , we'll see.
So thats the update. I'm good. I'm excited to hear what the doctor has to say and what type of exercising i can start doing again. I've really missed working out.
This week was great! We had 8 investigators come to church!
We gave the Agujar family referral to the elders serving in Samar and i felt good about that. I realized that its not about me teaching them the gospel, just as long as they receive the truth. Even though I loved teaching them so much and really felt a sense of loss with them, Heavenly Father has really helped me this week to feel at peace and that he will take care of them even if i can't.
Monday, Sister Brinton and I were sooo excited to work again. We were giddy and out with all the kids playing and we got to teach a few lessons. We were so happy!
It rained a lot so there were a lot of floods. Monsoon season is the best. I actually got COLD. It was raining lots--cold rain and windy and we had to take a motor from a very far away investigators home. My arm hair was standing up. STRANGE.
Blanca's mom and little brother are getting baptized January 22!
Blanca is in a lot of pain and we are not sure what is causing it. I think the doctors said cancer maybe. :(
The sister in law to our branch president's wife FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH on sunday! They have been taught by the missionaries for over a year now! Her baptism date is feb 5.
Our investigators are doing well. We taught a great roman catholic lady name Vilma. I was struggling to understand her...cause she spoke tagalog to us. So i asked her to speak in waray, but she didn't. I don't know why people here think we know tagalog. Thank good ness for the gift of tongues! I actually understood her and have picked up on lots of tagalog words. Though, no i can't speak it. !
Haha. Life is wonderful.
We had interviews today with president malit. What a blessing he is in my life. He also gave a great training from 1 nephi 11. I always wondered why it went from explaining Lehi's dream to the birth of JEsus Christ. I felt like it was so random. But he explained a lot about the Tree--the love of God--and that that tree symbolizes the ATonement of Jesus christ. It was such a powerful training. And , per usual, a lot of my questions and prayers were answered while he was teaching from the Book of Mormon. I love my mission president.
**OH! Exciting news: Sister Lemmon--we are now with all the new trainings president has switched the rule to count a lesson. We have to teach 2 principles and read from the book of mormon at least with our investigators to count as a lesson. Let me just tell you that this is the best thing ever. Some day i'll explain more about all the new trainings, but this is really awesome.
My interview was incredible with him. I think i might get transferred next week. ( he didn't mention anything to me at all, but he did to sister brinton... I think he might send me with the new pakistani sister.. i dunno! that would be in a cebuano j area...different dialect of cebuano! oh mannnnnnn) Well, I don't know anything, but i felt at peace with all that has happened in dagami (even though the last few weeks were really hard! with the branch and with my health issues...there is no unity in the branch and the lack of priesthood holders is terrible! ) but president talked about how satan works extra hard on us when we are progressing and when the Lord's work is progressing he works even harder to try and stop it. But satan can never stop the Lords work...He might slow it down, but he can't stop it. Our first transfer here, everythin was on fire and i know i was sent to dagami for many reasons, and then this second transfer i think satan noticed how wonderful dagami was doing and really tried to cause problems. Sister Brinton is doing great and I have complete faith and trust in her to keep dagami going strong. i love her so much! She is a great missionary!
I am out of time! But our interview was awesome.
The church is true, so what else matters!?
This week i am excited to really study the atonement more. I want to access the atonement and teach it better to my brothers and sisters here. I love these people and I really feel like the Lord has helped me understand charity at a deeper level than i have ever yet experienced in my life. I love the mission and i love the different phases were I can learn and grow and become more like my Savior.
Thank you for the prayers. Miracles happen. I have witnessed them and continue to see them daily.
Love you all,
Love, your missionary,
Sister B
**More explanation: to count for a lesson: we have to read w/ investigators for 15 min in every lesson and teach two principles.... just wanted to clarify.
my writing is terrrible now!
love yo uall,
sister b.
No comments:
Post a Comment