Monday, January 3, 2011

1.3.11

Wow, family. so much to tell you. I don't have a lot of time so this will be jumbled and quick. I loved talking to all of you on Christmas! How's jordan and eric doing??? Thanks spencer for singing me a song, and all of you for the questions and for taking time out of your busy christmas time to hear me ramble! Love you all.

So, we are allowed to email last monday and we planned on it, but long story i'll explain later..

The Good
Mildred and her boys are doing well. Thank you for all your concern and prayers for her. We seriously bought her christmas and she said that she hadn't gotten a present in 10 years! Her little boys were sooo excited. It was the best christmas ever.

Agujar family. They live by mildred and i think i've mentioned them a few times. I love them. They are both 24 years old and have three little boys 5, 3, 1. I love teaching them b/c they see us truly as the lords servants and they really respect us a lot. They ask lots of questions. They are deeply religious and have grown up catholic. Brother Agujar came to church two times. Last sunday he came with his little boy (his wife went to visit family in samar) . We were supposed to visit them last thurs but his wife texted us and said that they were in samar and that her husbands grandfather was very upset with them having us come and teach them. (they live on the grandfathers property.) She said that he would try to come to church. We went to their house to bring some christmas treats on saturday (christmas day) but romeo wasn't there. We gave it to his grandmother. The next day was sunday. It was pouring....no one ever comes when it rains....but in runs romeo agujar and his little boy in the rain and all! He told me that his grandfather was so mad that he took their electricity from their house. I was sitting next to them pleading in prayer for them. I was pleading that he would have a good experience and that all this would be worth it and that he would feel the spirit. I watched him and he knew how sacred the sacrament was. He understood this truth. He knew it was true. The classes went wall and afterwards i asked him when we could come visit. He said we couldn't b/c of his grandfather but he then began testifying to me that he knew it was all true and he started crying! I love him! We decided we would teach him at mildreds house...in secret... like alma the older, no big deal.

That night he texted us and told us that him and his wife wanted to get baptized even though everything was very difficult for their family. He said he knew the church was true and that he liked going to church because that is where Heavenly Father was. It was awesome and we were so excited!

The Bad

During sacrament meeting where I was praying and stressing about Brother Romeo my neck started hurting... It was strange. It got progressively worse and by the end of church i mentioned it to sister brinton. Then as we taught that night i couldn't move my head. It was terrible. Sister Brinton massaged it and the pain was sharp and wouldn't go away. I texted sister malit about it. Monday i wake up and the pain is worse. (i never have back or neck problems!??! ) I was putting hot rag on it and massaging it...still painful and getting worse. I looked in the mirror and thought my shoulders looked a little off...and there seemed to be a large bump on the lower part of my neck/upper back. I wasnt sure what was going on. Then we went to tanauan to email, but we saw the sisters and decided to talk to them first. (Sister schnieder has dealt with lots of back/ neck issues) The jeepny ride there had really hurt too. So Sister schneider took one look at me and said, your back is completely out of alignment, sit down, now!
So i sat.
They massaged me for about 6 hours. But cold, and hot , and this oil stuff and texted and called President. My shoulders were completely uneven and i was lopsided. I had a HUMUNGUS swollen bump on my back and it was red. My whole back was swollen . Sister Schnieder said i had to be adjusted. I HAD to get a chiropractor.

Sister Malit told me to get an XRAY at the hospital the next day.
there are no chiropractors in the philippines.
I started on muscle relaxant.
We had to sleep over in tanauan.
APS picked us up the next day. Went to hospital. Talked to doctor. He was kinda crazy but treated me for sever muscle spasm. He wanted to admit me. I said no. They took xrays. He gave me a lot of intense crazy medicine.

I was nervous and didn't understand how my spine was going to go back to normal.
It was a terrible adventure trying to find all the medicine. We didn't. The aps took us home and brought it to me the next day. Luckily i had muscle relaxants the other aps had brought me the day before in tanauan.

I am out of time now.



And the UGLY.

please pray for the agujar family. Romeo and Josefine. We got a text last night. They were kicked out of their house by the grandpa and have moved to samar. We don't know what to do.

we couldn't work all week. I was bed ridden and the pills made me crazy. we taught 5 lessons.


i seriuosly had to sleep and have sister brinton massage my head and neck and shoulders.


but the church is true so what else matters?!!?!?

DON'T PANIC AND DON'T WORRY. I did enough of that.

I'm fine!! :) On thurs we went to the mission home and president malit gave me a blessing and commanded my body to heal. So i have ocmplete faith i'll be fine.
Im going to the doctor again on wednesday. The swelling has gone down a ton and i think my shoulders are about normal now. There is only a small bump. Really don't worry, i'm okay.

REally, don't worrrrrrrrrrrrrry i am okay!

oh and randomly presdient malit asked me about africa and my communication to the people there. He then told me that he htought i had the most experience and that i might be follow up training the new sister from pakistan. . . she is really struggling and doesn't know english or cebuano and she is with a filipino...okay president, i think i just said that my back went out b/c of stress, but sure!

REally though i am fine, just a bit of a scare earlier this week. but i have no worries now after he gave me the blessing and i am doing all i can to be healthy. love you all, sister b

No comments: