Monday, January 24, 2011

1.17.11

Hi Fam,

I am still in Manila and still at the MRC. I am doing fine. I got an MRI, blood work, and xray last week. THe result was my cervical spine is still verry straight where it should be curved, and that the disks in between the vertebrea are dessicated---they've leaked, dried up, shrivelled?? SO not good. But, we just do the best we can. I get to wear a huge, foam, neck brace to help keep my head up and not strain my neck. Awesome. I am in physical therapy until Wednesday. I've taken pictures so you all can make fun of me, no worries. IT's been an insteresting week here. Studying lots--good, SLeeping and recovering--also good, Going to Temple Sessions-AMAZING! :) YEs, i did get to go to the temple and i will tomorrow too. Oh , how i've missed the temple!
I'm not quite sure why I have gotten this very Unique, special experience to come here to Manila, but I do know there is purpose in all things. I have a couple ideas of why Heavenly Father has sent me here and a few things I've already learned. I sure am grateful for this experience. I know that in all things we gain experience and our faith is able to grow. How grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who really knows me and is aware of my needs, concerns, and what brings me joy. I am grateful for HIs Love and Patience and for this time in my life to really get to know Him and my Savior. How sacred this time is on the mission--and here on earth. I am so grateful for this gospel and I know it is true.

I've also got to watch some good church movies here. AND here are some great quotes from them :

There comes a time for all of us tha we must be more than we are...We must follow the course that God has laid out.
Sometimes fear shouts so loud in our ears that it almost drowns out our faith...But God knows who we are. WE cannot go anywhere that he cannot find us.
God has a plan so that all of His children can come back and live with Him, if, we listen. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without those we love.

Sometimes when trials overwhelm us, we forget that God is our Friend.
STrength isn't something you have...its something you find..and often god helps us find it, one day at a time.

What do we hear in the Gospel which we have received?? A voice of gladness, a voice of mercy from heaven. Glad tidings for the living and the dead! Shall we not go on in so great a cause? --joseph smith


WHatever you can do, or dream you can do...begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.--goethe

When you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, sleep in peace. God is awake.-- VIctor Hugo

Remember who you are trying to become like...

I longed to accompish great and notble tasks, but my duty is to accomplish bum ble tasks, as if they were noble and great. --helen keller

Always do what your afraid to do--ralphy w. emerson

I took the road less traveld by and that has made all the difference--robert frost

The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension. This is a season to be strong. --president gordan b. hinckley

I love you all! Thanks for the prayers. I pray for you all too. I'm happy and trying to be more healthy every day:).
love, your missionary,
Sister B

No comments: