Monday, January 24, 2011

Boom 1.24.11

Boom.
That was a saying we would always say in the MTC when something funny/ awesome happened. This is now appropriate again to implement into my life and emails.....

1. I got transfered and my NEW (kinda) companion is my companion from the MTC, SISTER JONES!!!!! BOOM. does that happen,ever?? AMAZING.
2. We read our transfer letter and it said that we are assigned in Tacloban under a "Special Assignment." Boom.

We love tacloban and we love special assignments! :)
Well, we had heard through the grapevine that President Malit wanted to make the area around the Stake Center and Mission office the "LDSville" of Tacloban and that if he wanted it done, and done fast, he would put sisters there....We didn't say that, the elders said that..There haven't been sisters in Tacloban for a lonng time. 2 years maybe? Well, when i heard that I thought that Sister Jones would be perfect for that! (so did heavenly father and president malit!) haha. I was sitting next to her in the transfer meeting and i knew we would be companions--and we are! So we are opening/focusing on a new area. Then president malit asked us to have an interview with him. Before the interview we were talking to a past AP, elder shelley, and he said that our special assignment was that we were the new APs. I laughed and thought he was kidding. . .

President Malit is asking us to be in charge of the sisters and to be his assistants for that. So of course technically we are not the APs, but he told us we have the same responsibility with the sisters and we have to do specialized trainings and go on splits and arrange all the companion exchanges and bring the sisters to our area and work with them and then follow up in their area and work with them and we will be doing lots of traveling and trainings and we also have to build up our area and make it this LDSville he has envisioned. And the trainings start tomorrow.... We have a LTM (leadership training meeting) tomorrow with three zones and we will be give a training as well. We have spent the last few days organizing and brainstorming and meeting people and working in the office...haha its fun, we have our own little spot in the office and everything. We have a lot of work to do but this is going to be a really fun growing experience. I love President Malit and we hopefully will be able to move in just about right next door to them this week if we can get the apartment. Right now we live in Tanauan, again.

My health/neck is okay. I still take some medicine and have to wear the neck foam brace when i am not out working. There is still some pain, but its okay and i am just praying my muscles will relax enough that someday my spine will go back to normal. I am right now mainly just trying to maintain it and not make it worse. But i am happy and am not concerned about it. But i am being smart with it, so don't worry. And little Sister Jones has to carry all our bags b/c i'm not allowed to. Poor thing. Pray that her back won't go out.

This week i've had some really special experiences and received some great inspiration and revelation for my life. I finished the Book of Mormon in Manila and have been wondering how i should go about reading it this time. Since i've had a lot of questions lately with our new assignment and my health and life in general here i've decided to pray before i read ask the questions and have Heavenly Father help me know where to read that day. Every time i've done that it's been amazing and i've received answers to my prayers and questions. I learned a lot about covenants in Mosiah 5. i've realized in the past two weeks that making personal covenants with our Heavenly Father is very crucial to our progression. While I was in the temple reflecting on the covenants we make there I had a thought to make other covenants with him about some personal things i've been wondering about.

More than ever before i understand how loving our heavenly father is. He wants us to know him and he wants us to understand his plan better. He wants us to return to him and it is possible for all of us to be better so we can do this. It is a step by step process, but it's possible if we take the time to ponder what our righteous desires are and take the time to make the covenants with him. As i was reading Mosiah 5 i got the confirmation that the promises i had made to him was exactly what i needed to do and he would keep his promise to me. I love that i can talk to my Father in Heaven and he answers me through the Spirit and scriptures study. The covenants we make in the temple are obviously crucial for our exaltation, but I also encourage all of us to think of our own personal convenants/promises/commitments that we can make with our Heavenly Father to recommit our lives and selves to him so that we can be happier, and healthier, and live with our loved ones, once again, for all eternity. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without those we love, right?

I love this gospel. I am so excited for this new phase of growing and learning. I am excited to be working more closely with the sisters in this great mission and also to be working more with President Malit.

Salamat hinduro para ha iyon support ha akon mission. I love you all! Keep praying and going to the temple. That is what this is all about.

Love , your missionary, sister b.

p.s. i got home from manila wednesday night. found out i was transferring. thursday packed and said goodbye to mildred and blanca. friday transferred.

No comments: